Three excellent events that I don’t think I can make it to, so you should go and eat and drink and take pictures and then come back and tell me about them:
- BarCamp NOLA, February 16 and 17. The BarCamp format is now a pretty tried and true way to learn things, meet fellow doers, spend time with interesting people, and in some cases, get something specific accomplished. BarCamp Atlanta ’07 was great, and with three of my favorite people participating — Brian Oberkirch, Chris Schultz, and Alan Guiterrez, I’m sure BarCamp New Orleans will be a good time. More on Chris’s and Brian’s blogs.
- Alternative Media Expo, February 23. I read about this just the other morning on Miss Malaprop’s blog. I really enjoyed Athens’ Fluke festival a couple of years ago, and this looks to be a similar gathering of artists and publishers of all kinds.
- An Event Apart New Orleans, April 24-25. I haven’t made it to one of these yet but everyone I know who has attended has raved about them. Unfortunately the dates of this one coincide with the first ever Roflcon in Cambridge, MA, which I have high hopes for and will be attending and supporting.
Other reasons to visit New Orleans:
- The Frenchuletta at Liuzza’s
- The Fried Crawfish Plate at Frankie and Johnny’s