Picked up from Sean's blog, who picked it up from Shane Nickerson's blog. Things I've done/am doing/do want/can has are in bold.
1. Learn early on to enjoy warm soda. Trust me, it comes in handy. While you're at it, learn to drink black coffee.
2. Let go of your need to make all the choices all of the time. Other people have better ones sometimes.
3. Learn to play guitar, juggle, ride a unicycle, do a backflip and play Scrabble.
4. Avoid trends. Go for timeless fashion.
5. Skip the iPhone. Get a Blackberry.
6. Learn to enjoy warm beer. (this one is more advanced, but well worth it).
7. Pick a team in any sport and be a hardcore fan.
8. Combine all of your e-mail addresses.
9. Own a car that doesn't own you. There may be no bigger waste of stress than worrying about the looks of a car. Let it go.
10. Love what you love. Don't trick yourself or others.
11. Cut out people that bum you out.
Find joy in condiments. Similarly, acquire tastes just for the hell of
it. Like Sauerkraut and Whisky. But not together. Unless you're high.
13. Stop imagining that people are saying things about you. They're mostly just worried about themselves.
14. Ignore social constraints if more convenient or sensible than abiding by them.
15. Learn to play D&D. If you're already laughing this one off, learn it immediately.
16. Feel free to simply let parts of your past go.
17. Get rid of the stuff you're hoarding. It's an emotional drain.
18. Don't get too attached to any one material thing. It's just stuff.
19. Learn the basic rules of the major sports.
20. Get good at frisbee.
21. Whoever makes you happy most of the time, that's "the one."
22. Change is unavoidable. Embrace it, on every level.
23. Learn how to use a gun.
24. When it comes to parking, pay the most for the closest once in a while.
25. Treat yourself to nice underwear. Life is too short.
26. Get a passport, even if you never plan on leaving the country.
27. Learn how to play poker.
28. Don't be too afraid of "street meat."
29. Always be ready to let go of your original plan…
this is a great list and kudos for working on some of them now.i have done so myself and it's been great.and seriously..spoiling yourself with some nice underwear is SWEET!
heh, thanks. glad to have you back in the neighborhood. things have been quiet around here for a while.
Great post. Yay!
Ok, I'll bite — what's "street meat?"
Hopefully that's what I think it is — cart/vendor snacks.
Lovely. I will try these.