- “Mr. Macintosh” – Some have speculated that the choice of iPad as the name for the new slatelet may be comparable to an obsession Steve Jobs had years ago with an animated guy who would pop out of your Apple menus at random. [via Mrgan]
- You Play To Win The Game – Snippets from/like the Coors NFL coach ads masterfully pulled together into a remix, with backing track:
- Support Our () Troops – Heh.
- Tweet Of The Heh – This week, from the Cookie Monster. Related heh: Oscar The Grouch was originally orange.
- Rob’s CES Flyer Scans – Just as it sounds, scans from the stuff handed out at CES in a bygone era.
- Food Network Caption Humor:
Here’s the material I presented to lead a WordCamp Atlanta discussion sarcastically titled “Content Strategy: Killing Time Between Redesigns.” I didn’t go through everything, or even most of what the field entails, but instead (a)presented my view of why it’s important based on what’s happening inside and outside of non-media companies today, and (b)provided some examples and footholds grounded in actual projects to show at the granular level how it can come into play.
I had asked several friends and colleagues in the industry for their perspectives (and am grateful to Rafi, Kristen, Jeff, Anna, Lisa, Tom, and Agent 3Z) but only worked a few thoughts from them into the talk directly. I also didn’t get a chance to talk about my heh-harvesting experiences at EarthLink and here over the past few years, which is something I want to reflect on. So ideally I’ll figure out how to use all of that in something with a slightly different focus.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the session, asked questions, and contributed thoughts. Feel free to continue the conversation here, on Twitter, via my current obsession – Tumblr questions, etc.
- Something About This Guy And His Sweet Tea – According to the notes it’s either ” A FAILED ATTEMPT AT REGIONAL CULTURE-LATCHING,” “Some kind of sad, failed Olympics mascot?” or “Saturday.”
- CryingWife.com – A couple-created movie review site that chronicles her constantly breaking down in tears at the end of just about every movie they see. Her take on Star Wars is a good place to start.
- Ice Cube(s)
- People Talking On Bananas, Or My New Favorite Blog – Pure joy, on the daily.
- Wi-Fi For Passive Aggressives – Heh.
- The Making Of Avatar: The Bootleg – The comments start strong with “…please either go see the damn thing or stop posting stuff with self-justifications. There’s a billion other blogs out there doing the irrational Avatar-hate thing.” [via Gregg]:
- Invaluable Advice For Atlantans Today –
- (update)All Night Long – Late at night, on The Phoenix Suns team bus…(hint: let the music playon playon playon). [via the_real_nash by way of Erik]
I just knew I wasn’t the only one who thinks this way:
A brief thought on this exchange over at Extraface Marks.